Traffic and DUI Lawyers in Roselle, IL
Although many view traffic violations as minor infractions and nuisances, traffic tickets and moving violations have the power to wreak havoc in your life. Fees quickly mount, and points from tickets can cause your insurance premiums to skyrocket or result in a revoked or suspended license. The Law Office of Francis Bongiovanni does not underestimate the seriousness of traffic violations and doggedly works on your behalf to get the charges you face reduced or dismissed.
Handling a wide array of traffic violation cases
We have represented clients in Illinois traffic violation cases including but not limited to:
Whether you have been charged with a moving or non-moving violation, we possess the knowledge needed to protect your best interests in traffic court.
We take a detail-oriented approach to traffic violation defense cases. We interview you to obtain as much information as possible regarding the circumstances surrounding your moving violation, examining every aspect of your case to see if the police officer violated standard procedures or failed to perform their duties as required. We explore every scenario to determine your best course of action, and we attend your trial to question those testifying against you.
Defending Roselle-area clients against criminal prosecution
Throughout Illinois, law enforcement officials have been expanding efforts to crack down on drunk driving offenses. Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of license, higher insurance costs, heavy fines and jail time. With more than 30 years of experience in handling DUI cases, the Law Office of Francis Bongiovanni has the knowledge necessary to overcome the evidence against you and has the ability to help you attain the best possible outcome.
Committed to helping clients
We understand that good people can make mistakes. We strive to satisfy our clients’ emotional, financial and legal needs by zealously representing your interests at every turn. We are knowledgeable about the complexity of Illinois DUI laws, and we analyze every aspect of your case — from the initial traffic stop to breathalyzer tests — to build your defense. We know what the prosecution needs to get a conviction, and we challenge the evidence against you with the skill we have developed over the course of 30 years in the field. The Law Office of Francis Bongiovanni works hard to make sure that you get the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
What to do if you are stopped
If you have been pulled over by the police, there are several ways that you can help yourself:
- Remain calm. Police officers can interpret nervousness in your voice as a sign that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Whether you have consumed alcohol or not, remaining calm is a good way to ensure that police officers do not question your sobriety
- Always have a clean center console or glove box. Fumbling through these compartments to find your registration or insurance can be easily misinterpreted as intoxication. Keeping the glove box or center console neat and clean enables you to swiftly grab your identification and present it to a police officer.
- Do not consent to a search of the car. Any evidence found in your car could be used to support a DUI conviction, so do not allow the officer to perform a search.
- Do not take the test. Many DUI defendants have been found not guilty because of a malfunctioning breath-analyzing machine or an improperly administered blood or urine test.
- Contact a DWI attorney immediately.
Contact a qualified traffic violations lawyer today
The Law Office of Francis Bongiovanni has more than 30 years of experience representing clients in Illinois traffic courts. To speak to a seasoned legal counsel about your traffic ticket, contact our Roselle office online or at 630-295-8555. We stand prepared to do all that we can to minimize the negative repercussions of a traffic violation.